Our Capital Markets and Progress Apama teams have been BUSY! Today many of them are recovering from a busy week at the SIFMA Financial Services Technology Expo in New York City.
- Tickets Please: Technology to Keep You on the Train
- Keeping the Train on Track
And while Dan helped man the floor, our VP of Corporate Communications, John Stewart, worked to get 3 press releases out onto the BusinessWire, including:
- Progress Software and Activ Financial Introduce New Market Data Adapter for Apama Capital Markets Foundation
- Progress Software Survey Reveals the Realities of Regulation, Monitoring and Algorithms on the OTC Derivatives Market
- Progress Software Launches Enhanced Market Surveillance and Monitoring Solution
Not only that, our own Dr. John Bates was tagged by Wall Street & Technology as one of our “Top 10 Innovators of the Decade for Capital Markets”.
Across the pond and beyond, Dr. Richard Bentley was quoted in the Bobsguide article “Suspect movements in share price fall to an eight-year low”. Dr. Giles Nelson traveled to India to promote Progress’ business in Capital Markets. He shared his thoughts on our complex event processing (apama.typepad.com) blog:
- The rise of algo trading in Asia – first stop Mumbai
- Still big room for growth in Japan
Phew! And, just in case you missed it, we wrapped up posting a 4 Part video series on Financial Regulation and Market Surveillance. Here are the blog posts that provide a brief overview and link to the videos:
- PLUS Stock Exchange Making Progress Around Regulation
- Using technology to prepare for regulatory change: how can market surveillance technologies help?
- Preparing for changes in the regulatory approach
- Cutting through the confusion of financial regulation